Learning and Development
Carat provides employees with ongoing training opportunities, with an average of 50 hours+ of training a year per employee. This is designed to educate, expose and immerse Carat’s talented workforce to industry tools and broaden their functional skill set, with a focus on the ever-changing digital landscape. Ongoing training topics include:
- Convergence Planning Process work shops
- Carat’s proprietary Consumer Connections System
- Media trend sessions provided by our internal innovation team
- Digital/Programmatic 101’s and 201’s
- Hands on training with Digital Tools (e.g. ComScore, Prisma, Kantar Digital competitive tools etc.)
- Digital Ad Operations 101 · Legal 101 (covers contracts, privacy laws etc.)
- Media Data & Analytics sessions
- Professional Development ‘Digital Leadership’ courses
- Quarterly e-Learning programs with our Global Media Partners such as Twitter Flight School, YouTube Academy & the Carat eGoogle Learning Challenge
- Basic and Advanced Excel classes
Carat’s ‘Brilliant Basics’ Media School
At Carat, we provide our entry level hires, across all disciplines with a broad view of all media and a foundation of media skills & knowledge to help them excel in their careers. A three-month semester with over 20 hours of digital related training. Courses include:
- Planning process fundamentals
- Digital Media Math
- Programmatic, Mobile, Social, Search, Video, Audio 101s
- Digital Ad Operations Overview
Carat’s Tuition Reimbursement
At Carat, we provide our employees with opportunities to develop their careers and personal growth with the use of external training programs and educations courses through our Tuition Reimbursement Program.
The purpose of the Carat Tuition Reimbursement Program is to encourage employees to develop their skills by taking relevant courses at the college or graduate level. The program seeks to enhance employee contributions to Carat as well as to assist employees in reaching their educational and professional goals.
Carat’s employees have access to IGNITE, Dentsu Aegis Network’s learning and development platform for professional development needs. IGNITE provides instructor-led courses that cover topics ranging from business communication skills, to recruiting great talent, to managing high-performing teams. IGNITE’s offerings are continually evaluated for effectiveness and new offerings are brought on to ensure employee and business needs are being met.
Carat employees have access to Lynda.com, an online e-learning platform, to supplement and complement our in-person courses.
Lynda.com provides an on-demand and flexible learning resource for both professional and technical skills development to appeal to a broad audience with a variety of learning needs. On Lynda.com, employees can navigate through lessons targeted to their specific needs and will have access to a vast library of more than 2,000 engaging, high quality video tutorials.
Route 500 is our high potential development program for all Carat employees globally. The aim of the program is to identify our future leaders and help them develop their capability and perform at a higher level. The small group of employees will find the support, guidance and opportunities they need to grow into more capable leaders.
The program offers members access to everything across Dentsu Aegis Network that can help them with their development. Members benefit from increased access to new working relationships, development opportunities and other resources they may need to succeed.