The Code brings together the power of our people and our network, to make a positive impact on society and the next generation of talent. By sharing our own career experiences, enthusiasm and expertise we hope that we inspire others in our industry to do the same.
Our ambition by 2020 is to:
- Help shape 15,000 digital bright futures
- Have donated 50,000 hours community hours back to secondary schools
- Recruit 50% of our apprentices through The Code
Currently, The Code is supporting secondary schools across London, Stafford, Manchester and Leeds. We will be launching in Edinburgh and Dublin later this year. It’s the first programme of its kind to run across our UK & Ireland network.
Why be part of it?
All employees working at Dentsu Aegis have two working days a year to make a difference to our community, so why not give a bit of this time to The Code and help create a bright future for tomorrow’s talent.
Aside from getting a sense of achievement from volunteering, you also have the chance to develop your skills as part of your own personal development. Your experience, enthusiasm and the lessons you’ve learned along the way will make a real difference to the younger generation and the future talent of our business.
Our secondary school programme
- In the classroom: We run workshops for students (aged 14-18) to introduce them to the world of digital advertising and media
- In the office: We host ‘insight days’ to give students an experience of our working world, we will also be supporting work experience students on short-term placements across our business
- Launching a Digital Challenge: At the end of the year, we run a Digital Challenge (that’s open to any school across the UK) to get young people developing their own advertising campaign and tackling an issue that’s important to them
- Digital Mentoring: We offer online mentoring to students to help them understand our industry better, to provide general help and advice, and in supporting the Digital Challenge
- Time with Teachers: We spend time with teachers sharing more about our business, the types of career opportunities available to their students, the skills that we look for and, the routes into our industry.